Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Surprise Visit

A friend of mine from SigEp at school, Tom, sent me a message a little while ago saying he might get to come to Germany for work. He then sends me another message saying he's leaving for Germany and he'll be there for 3 days. Luckily, he was only going to be an hour and a half away (by the train) in Hamburg!


So after work, I jumped on the train and headed to Hamburg. Tom and I just walked around aimlessly for a while, checking out the harbor and other things around Hamburg. We hit the Rathaus (City Hall) and the World War I memorial, and we got some German pastries and Tom drank some German beer. Basically everything you need for a very brief trip to Germany, right? It was great to see him again, and I'm glad I was able to make the trip up to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment